In Toronto, it is probably safe to say that summer is synonymous to festival. Of course, there are events of all kinds happening year round, but with only a few really good months of outdoor weather, summer in Toronto is the best time to plan for a visit. No matter when you come, there is sure to be something going on, but here are seven awesome events from June-August 2015 to pique your interest. Though they might be about different topics, one thing all of these great festivals have in common is their focus on diversity, a reflection of the city that hosts them.
1. North by Northeast [NXNE] Music & Film Festival: June 17-21
2. TD Toronto Jazz Festival: June 18-29
3. Pride Toronto: June 19-28
4. Toronto Fringe Theatre Festival: July 1-12
5. Summerlicious: July 3-19
6. Pan Am Games: July 10-26 // Parapan Am Games: August 7-15
7. Toronto’s Festival of Beer: July 24-26